Vision, Mission and Values
“Living as children of the light” – Ephesians 2:8
Our visionA community loving God, loving others, loving learning
To provide a quality Christian education in the Lutheran tradition which assists parents to enable their children to grow and flourish as lifelong learners.
To work towards individual and community wellbeing and wholeness – cognitive, social, emotional, physical and spiritual.
To engender the responsibility to serve others, the appreciation of cultural inclusivity and to foster the individual God-given talents of all in our community.
To keep enrolment at Sunshine Christian School available to all, regardless of financial status, cultural background or academic ability.
- To provide students with a comprehensive program of education that is conducive to the development of their talents and skills for responsible Christian living and service
- To encourage students to strive for excellence in learning according to individual ability
- To help students value themselves as persons created in the image of God, redeemed by Christ, and made members of his body, the church, and to express their new life in Christ in their relationship with God and others
- To include as a core part of the program, a Christian Studies curriculum which has been deliberately and consciously taught from the perspective of confessional Lutheranism
- To provide an alternative to a secularistic, humanistic philosophy and practice of education
- To promote the spiritual life and development of the school community through regular worship, study of the Scriptures and pastoral care
- To assist parents in the fulfilment of their God-given responsibilities to their children
- To assist the State in providing it with responsible citizens equipped to contribute positively to the community
Our Statement of Democratic Principles
- We believe in an accountable, democratically elected government.
- We respect and observe the rule of law, and believe that no person is above the law.
- We believe in equal rights for all before the law, regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, sexuality, gender or other attributes.
- We believe not only in the freedom of religion, but also the need to practice tolerance and understanding of others' beliefs.
- We believe in the value of freedom of speech and freedom of association, but also acknowledge that we have the responsibility not to abuse this freedom.
- We believe in the values of openness and tolerance, and value and respect all members of the school community regardless of background.